Oct 10, 2013
On His Announcement Day, Stewart Mills Already Dodging These Questions on Shutdown
With Stewart Mills III expected to announce a run for Congress today, Mills is poised to inject himself into one of the most reckless manufactured crises in recent history by announcing his candidacy in the middle of an irresponsible government shutdown that is threatening the country’s economy. Despite Mills’ shameless attempt to use a government shutdown for political gain, Mills has yet to answer a single question about whether or not he would vote with his Tea Party colleagues on the radical right and support their reckless shutdown plan – or side with Democrats to reopen the government now.
“Stewart Mills III wasted no time shamelessly jumping into the middle of a reckless government shutdown, but he hasn’t answered a single question about how he would vote,” said Brandon Lorenz of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee. “If Stewart Mills is serious about representing Minnesotans, then he should come clean and admit that he would have voted for these irresponsible measures that shut down the government – and would stand with his political party to keep it shut.”
6 Key Unanswered Questions for Stewart Mills that voters deserve to know:
- Would you have voted with the Tea Party to defund Obamacare and shut down the government?
- Do you support a “clean” budget resolution that is free of Tea Party strings?
- Would you vote to block a “clean” budget resolution free of Tea Party strings from coming to the floor for a vote?
- Would you sign a discharge petition to end the reckless government shutdown and stop taking the economy hostage?
- Since you're launching your campaign during the Republican shutdown, do you approve of the direction the Republican Congress is headed?
- Would you vote to raise the debt limit to pay the bills we’ve already incurred and prevent a default that would plunge the American economy into a recession?
Mills Campaign Announcement to Take Place October 10th. According the Chisago County Republican website, Mills would make his campaign announcement 2:30pm, October 10th at the Plastech Corporation Manufacturing Plant, 9820 S Field Ave. Rush City, MN. [Chisago County Republican Website, accessed 10/9/13]