Apr 10, 2008
DCCC Launches “Where’s Marty Ozinga?” Campaign
The DCCC today unveiled the "Where's Marty Ozinga?" campaign. On March 24th, concrete magnate Marty Ozinga announced he was running for Congress, but seventeen days later he has still refused to answer a single question about his candidacy or on the issues.
For 17 days ago and counting, Ozinga has been dodging the following questions:
1. Your companies have received millions in city contracts and hundreds of thousands in state contracts. Were any of your political contributions tied or connected to the contracts you received?
Given the number of people in
3. With your history of questionable business dealings, will you recuse yourself of any advocacy for transportation or construction projects that would benefit your company?
4. Do you disavow your support for convicted felon George Ryan or Congressman Weller, who announced his resignation under a cloud of controversy and scandal?
5. Have you ever had any legal problems with workers or unions that work for your construction company?
Do you support President Bush and John McCain's stay-the-course agenda
7. Where do you stand on expanding children's health care for millions of uninsured children?
8. Do you believe we should privatize social security?
9. Do you support embryonic stem cell research?
10. Do you support trade agreements such as CAFTA and NAFTA