Oct 09, 2013
Dan Innis Uses Shutdown for Political Gain – But Already Dodging Questions About How He’d Vote
Dan Innis inserted himself in to one of the most reckless right wing-manufactured crises in recent history by announcing his candidacy in the middle of an irresponsible government shutdown that is now threatening the country’s economic recovery. Despite his shameless attempt to use a government shutdown for political gain, Innis is already dodging questions about whether or not he would vote with his colleagues on the radical right and support their reckless plan that shut down the government – or side with Democrats to reopen the government now.
“Dan Innis wasted no time shamelessly jumping into the middle of a reckless government shutdown but now he’s already dodging questions about how he would vote,” said Marc Brumer of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee. “If Dan Innis is serious about his candidacy, then he should come clean and admit the he would have voted for these irresponsible measures that shut down the government.”
5 Key Questions for Dan Innis
1. Would you have voted with the Tea Party to defund Obamacare and shut down the government?
2. Do you support a “clean” budget resolution that is free of Tea Party strings?
3. Would you vote to block a “clean” budget resolution free of Tea Party strings from coming to the floor for a vote?
4. Would you sign a discharge petition to end the reckless government shutdown and stop taking the economy hostage?
5. Do you agree with The Concord Monitor that this is Speaker Boehner’s shutdown?
Innis “Wouldn’t Say” if He Supported Shutting down Government in order to Defund Obamacare. Innis “wouldn't say whether he would have supported House efforts to defund President Barack Obama's health care overhaul law by linking it to spending resolutions to keep the government open.” [Associated Press, 10/09/13]