Aug 14, 2012
DCCC Launches New Advertising Linking 50 Republicans To Paul Ryan’s Budget that Ends Medicare
The Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee (DCCC) continued on offense today since Congressman Paul Ryan was named to lead the Republican ticket, launching new automated phone calls to expose 50 vulnerable Florida Republicans for backing Ryan’s budget that ends Medicare. Paul Ryan is the architect of the budget that these Republicans support which ends Medicare while protecting tax breaks for millionaires.
The non-partisan Congressional Budget Office found that the Ryan plan would raise health care costs for seniors by $6,400 while the Tax Policy Center found it would cut taxes for people making over $1 million a year by $265,000.
“From now until Election Day, Democrats will be on offense and in overdrive, seizing this golden opportunity to define the choice in this election: Republicans putting Millionaires over Medicare and the middle class,” said DCCC Chairman Steve Israel. “The battle lines are drawn and we will make sure that voters know that Republicans want to hand millionaires a $265,000 tax break, while sticking seniors with $6,400 more in health care costs. It’s crystal clear that the Ryan budget will be a defining issue in congressional races across the country and House Republicans can’t escape the political devastation it will cause them.”
A new Washington Post-Kaiser Family Foundation poll released this weekend found that 79 percent of registered voters oppose reducing Medicare benefits.
An example of an automated phone call in Congressman Dan Lungren’s district follows:
Hi. This is Julie calling from the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee to alert you to a new development about Medicare.
Your Congressman, Dan Lungren, voted for a budget that would end Medicare and now the budget’s architect, Paul Ryan, is the Republican candidate for Vice President.
A nonpartisan analysis showed that Ryan’s budget would raise health care costs for seniors by $6,400. The Tax Policy Center also said the Ryan budget would give people making over $1 million a year an average tax break of $265,000. And Congressman Lungren supported all of it.
That’s just wrong.
Call Congressman Dan Lungren at (916) 859-9906 and tell him to stop protecting millionaires at the expense of Medicare and the middle class.
This campaign will be launched in the following districts:
- CA-07 Congressman Dan Lungren
- CA-10 Congressman Jeff Denham
- CA-36 Congresswoman Mary Bono Mack
- CA-52 Congressman Brian Bilbray
- CO-03 Congressman Scott Tipton
- CO-06 Congressman Mike Coffman
- FL-02 Congressman Steve Southerland
- FL-10 Congressman Dan Webster
- FL-13 Congressman Bill Young
- FL-16 Congressman Vern Buchanan
- FL-18 Congressman Allen West
- FL-22 Adam Hasner
- IA-02 John Archer
- IA-03 Congressman Tom Latham
- IA-04 Congressman Steve King
- IL-08 Congressman Joe Walsh
- IL-10 Congressman Robert Dold
- IL-11 Congresswoman Judy Biggert
- IL-12 Jason Plummer
- IL-13 Rodney Davis
- IL-17 Congressman Bobby Schilling
- MA-6 Richard Tisei*
- MD-6 Congressman Roscoe Bartlett
- MI-01 Congressman Dan Benishek
- MI-03 Congressman Jason Amash
- MT-AL Steve Daines
- NC-07 David Rouzer
- NC-08 Richard Hudson*
- NC-11 Mark Meadows*
- NH-01 Congressman Frank Guinta
- NH-02 Congressman Charlie Bass
- NJ-03 Congressman Jon Runyan
- NY-01 Randy Altschuler
- NY-18 Congressman Nan Hayworth
- NY-19 Congressman Chris Gibson
- NY-21 Matt Doheny*
- NY-24 Congresswoman Ann Marie Buerkle
- OH-06 Congressman Bill Johnson
- OH-07 Congressman Bob Gibbs
- OH-10 Congressman Michael Turner
- OH-16 Congressman Jim Renacci
- PA-06 Congressman Jim Gerlach
- PA-07 Congressman Pat Meehan
- PA-08 Congressman Fitzpatrick
- PA-12 Keith Rothfus*
- PA-18 Congressman Tim Murphy
- TX-23 Congressman Quico Canseco
- VA-02 Congressman Scott Rigell
- WI-07 Congressman Sean Duffy
- WI-08 Congressman Reid Ribble
*a slightly modified version of the scripts is used in these districts.
|Tweets by @dccc|