Dec 12, 2013
DCCC Announces Four Additions to Jumpstart Program For Top Tier Candidates
DCCC Chairman Steve Israel announced today that four new candidates are being added as the final wave of the Committee’s Jumpstart program – taking to 23 the number of top candidates who are part of the signature effort.
The DCCC launched the first-ever Jumpstart program in early 2013 to provide financial, communications, operational, and strategic support to top recruits. In 2014, the DCCC will launch its vanguard Red-to-Blue program for top pick-up opportunities. The National Republican Congressional Committee has already named 20 Republican Members to their incumbent protection program.
“Heading into 2014, our candidates are exceeding expectations and laying the groundwork for strong campaigns by proving that they are problem-solvers who will put the middle class ahead of partisan ideology and restore common sense to Washington. These four standout candidates are being added to the Jumpstart program because they’re committed to the right priorities, like working together to create good jobs, protect our seniors and give the middle class financial peace of mind,” said Chairman Israel. “Americans are tired of the Republicans’ obsession with partisanship, not pragmatism, and these Jumpstart candidates will bring people together to fight for middle class families.”
The following candidates are being added to the Jumpstart program:
- Former North Little Rock Mayor Patrick Henry Hays (AR-02)
- Former FEMA Director James Lee Witt (AR-04)
- Counterterrorism Specialist Bobby McKenzie (MI-11)
- Burlington County Freeholder Aimee Belgard (NJ-03)
These candidates are committed to ending the partisanship and dysfunction that plagues this Republican Congress and puts middle class financial security at risk. Instead, they’ll focus on strengthening the middle class, reducing the deficit and protecting Medicare and Social Security.
The four new candidates join 19 Jumpstart candidates who are already laying the groundwork for Democratic success in the following districts:
- Farmer Michael Eggman (CA-10)
- Trailblazing Central Valley Native Amanda Renteria (CA-21)
- Redlands Mayor Pete Aguilar (CA-31)
- Former Colorado House Speaker Andrew Romanoff (CO-06)
- Attorney Gwen Graham (FL-02)
- Businesswoman and former Florida CFO Alex Sink (FL-13)
- Former State Senator Staci Appel (IA-03)
- Former Judge Ann Callis (IL-13)
- Former General and Sheriff Jerry Cannon (MI-01)
- Former State Representative Pam Byrnes (MI-07)
- Former Senator Baucus State Director John Lewis (MT-AL)
- Attorney Roxanne Lara (NM-02)
- Businesswoman Erin Bilbray (NV-03)
- Councilman Domenic M. Recchia, Jr. (NY-11)
- Investor Sean Eldridge (NY-19)
- County Legislator Martha Robertson (NY-23)
- Former State Legislator Jennifer Garrison (OH-06)
- Former Army Ranger Kevin Strouse (PA-08)
- Retired Navy Commander Suzanne Patrick (VA-02)
Chairman Israel has assembled an aggressive Recruitment Committee chaired by Congresswoman Donna Edwards and supported by Congressman Jared Polis, who is the National Chair for Candidate Services. Chairman Israel outlined the new Jumpstart Program in a memo to the Democratic Caucus earlier this year.
|Tweets by @dccc|